1. The applicant must be a Saudi or an official graduate grant if a non-Saudi
2. Holds a Master’s of Science degree in chemistry or related topics from a Saudi university or a foreign recognized college or university with a grade “very good” or GPA = 3.75/5 or equivalent.
3. The College may accept “high good” and “good” grades, but the student average grade should not less than very good in the major field courses which the student intends to enroll in it.
4. Pass the GRE – subject (chemistry) with a minimum average of 50% or the admission tests determined by the department and the college.
5. The applicant should have at least an average of 70% (Master average (50%) + GRE (50%)). The Deanship of Graduate Studies has the authority to reduce this percentage to 60% in some cases.
6. To pass one of the following English language tests: • IBT-TOEFL with a score of 59 • IELTS with a score of 5.5 • SEPT with a score of 80
7. To be a good conduct and medically fit.
8. To submit tow scientific recommendations from university professors who have already taught him.
9. Referential approval for the study from the employer if in employment.
10. The university and/or the college may add any other conditions that seem necessary for admission.
11. Payment of the tuition fees, if prescribed, before the start of the study and on the dates determined by the Deanship of Graduate Studies
The completion of the PhD degree requires achieving the following three items:
1. Coursework: Successful completion of graduate-level coursework, as outlined in the approved Plan of Study.
2. Candidacy examinations
a. Comprehensive Examinations: Passing at least four exams within first four semesters.
b. Passing an oral preliminary exam: The oral examination by the student's advisory committee will include a discussion of the student's research (a written research summary must be submitted) and defense of an Original Research Proposal that is different from the student's thesis.
3. Ph.D Dissertation submission and defense.